Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Dad Shot the Thanksgiving Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!  Hooray for Turkey Day!  I am so grateful that I live at home and can have Thanksgiving with my family and friends.  The best part of Thanksgiving is not the food, it's being with family.  Our house was full this Thanksgiving and it was the most glorious feeling.  We had lots of good food and lots of good laughs. 

Of course, I need to take a moment and list a few things that I'm thankful for.  I'm so grateful that I get to go to college.  My semester is almost up and then, hopefully, I'll be thankful if I can find a job.  My family is awesome to say the least.  I don't just mean my immediate family, my extended family is just as incredible.  I'm so thankful that I live in America.  I love my country.  I love looking at the snow, though walking around in it isn't so fun.  A great big thank you to my amazing writer buddy: you know who you are XD

I finally finished the baby blanket today.  Hooray!  There's another thing to be thankful for.  I finished early, so I can give my fingers a rest for the remainder of the week.  I didn't end up adding an extra border to make it bigger, because it ended up about the right size.  Fortunately using a smaller hook didn't make as big a difference as I was afraid it would.  In any case, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be getting any new yarn until I get a job and can buy it myself.  That being the case, I'll be finishing up some old projects over the next couple of weeks.  On the bright side, however, that means that I won't bite off more than I can chew for the last couple weeks of school.  And I'll be able to give away a few long overdue Christmas presents. :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You blanket is so soft and amazing. I didn't know that you were using the wrong size of hook. If I had done that I probably would have freaked out and given up. But you persevere! That's a quality I admire in you.