Monday, November 22, 2010

Project One!

BTW: This is the post for Saturday, Nov. 20.  I didn't get the chance to put it up, so here it is for today.

Weather update for the day: it's cold.  Very very cold.  I can guarantee that I'm going to move somewhere very warm as soon as I graduate from college.  Speaking of which, my current plan is to switch my major over to horticulture, get an AAS in Floral Design, and graduate in three more semesters.  I love going to college, but I'm ready to just be done.  So, I picked the quickest way out and you can all come to me for your wedding bouquets. 

As of right now, I'm on Thanksgiving break.  Hooray!  I'm sooooo thankful for a week long break from school!  Maybe I'll finally have time to clean my room.  I can tell you right now that it badly needs it.  :)

So, anyway, here is the completed doily.  Well, almost completed anyway.  As you can see, it's still ruffling a little bit.  I'm going to try washing and blocking it tomorrow and see how that goes.  I'm pretty proud of it, though.  I think it went fairly well.  Despite thread burn on my fingers and achy hands, I am completely satisfied.  One project down, limitless more to go.  Yay!  I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hooray Olivia!!!! This is amazing and so beautiful and I love it so much and you are awesome!! You can be really dedicated at getting things done!