Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Welcome to the Blog!

I suppose this post will be an introduction of myself and of Project Crow.  My name is Olivia, and I'm an avid crochet-er.  My grandma taught me to crochet when I was little, and I've been working at improving my skills ever since.  Project Crow came about because sometimes I need a little motivation to work on the crocheting projects that I have on hand.  Project Crow is an attempt to motivate myself a little further.  I'll also be using this blog to keep friends and family updated on what I'm doing.

I live on an iceburg. It's cold, to say the least.  I can say that the snow is slowly melting off, though.  I'm kinda getting my hopes up that we will have a green Thanksgiving, but with my luck I'll be waking up to a blizzard Thanksgiving morning.  Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about not having a white Christmas :)  That's a relief.

Below is a project that I actually started a while ago, but it's been on the back burner for a few weeks.  This is the first of many doilies.  I found that it's a lot more difficult than crocheting blankets, simply because I'm not used to dealing with a much smaller hook.  However, it's been surprisingly fun, and I look forward to working on similar projects in the future.  As of yet, this one is unfinished, but I have a goal to be done by the end of the week.


No comments: